This course was previously known by apply first aid and senior first aid the new course name and codes are listed .
Provide first aid HLTAD001,HLTAD002 and HLTD003
There are no pre-requisites for this course; however it is recommended that participants have sufficient English language and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the first aid training.
Participants will also be required to undertake practical training and assessments at floor level. This includes demonstrating CPR on a manikin for a period of four minutes. If you have poor mobility or a current injury please discuss this with us prior to booking.
Course covers :
- How to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- Using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and choking
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- managing shock
- and much more!
This first aid course is run over a period of 1 day face-to-face.
Please wear comfortable clothing
There is no mandatory pre-course learning.
Requirements for Completion
Participants are required to attend 100% of this first aid training and take part in all assessments .
Qualification Issued Statement of Attainment in the following unit of competency: HLTAID003 – Provide First Aid HLTAID002 – Provide Basic Emergency Life Support HLTAID001 – Provide CPR Qualification validity Three (3) years from date of issue.
You are required to undertake annual CPR refresher training.
Our comprehensive student management system will remind you a month before your cpr and first aid certificate is due to be refreshed
- This includes A4 Colour Certificate
- Triangular Bandage
- Roller Bandage
For bookings please contact us on 1300-761-322