This course will provide participants with the skills and knowledge to deliver blue reliever medication in an asthma attack within State and Territory guidelines in either:
A children’s services setting , workplace setting and a sports setting.
Entry Requirements: None
Nominal Duration: 2-4 hours
- Your Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment has been accredited by the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority and entered on the National Training Information Service and is recognised under the ‘Children’s Services Act’ – Vic & NSW.
- Your Statement of Attainment will be valid for 3 years.
Competencies to be achieved during the training:
At the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognising the early signs and symptoms of deteriorating asthma
- Identify equipment used in an asthma attack.
- Demonstrate the 4×4 emergency Asthma First Aid Plan.
- Correct cleaning and storage requirements for an asthma emergency kit.
You will be assessed at the end of the course to show your instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation.
This will consist of:
Demonstration of correct asthma first aid plan.
You must pass each section to qualify for a certificate.
On completion students will receive a Statement of Attainment A4 size